DVLA Tax Refund for Your Vehicle Phone Numbers

Tax refunds contact number is: 0300 123 4321

Vehicle owners in the UK must tax their cars every year so they could drive them on public roads. If they would no longer be using their vehicle on these public roads, whether they would like to temporarily keep them in the garage or they decide to scrape or sell it, they could let DVLA know about it so they could get a tax refund. The vehicle tax must be canceled first before you could receive a DVLA tax refund. We’ll go through the various possible reasons on why you would stop taxing your vehicle and how you could get a tax refund from DVLA.

tax refoundes

You Made a SORN

If you’ve decided not to use your vehicle on public roads and you already made a SORN, you will be automatically sent a DVLA tax refund for the remaining months that your tax payment wouldn’t be used. If you haven’t made a SORN yet, you could apply for this online at https://www.sorn.service.gov.uk/. You may also call 0300 123 4321 or send your filled up V890 form to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AR.

You Transferred or Sold Your Vehicle

You must let DVLA know if you sold or transferred your vehicle. Do this before you even send the V5C by post. You would need the reference number on the V5C for this process. In case you’re acting on behalf of the seller, you would also need their permission. Go to https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle in order to start the online process. You could do this from 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. The tax refund would be sent to the person who is the registered keeper on the latest V5C.

Your Vehicle Was Stolen

If your vehicle was stolen, you should let the local police know right away. You would be asked for the vehicle’s registration number, colour, model and make; then you would be given a crime reference number. You’ll need this reference number when claiming for your auto insurance and applying for a DVLA tax refund. Apply for a tax refund only if your vehicle is not found in one week after it was stolen. Call DVLA at 0300 790 6802 and ask for a V33 form that you need to fill up and send it to the following address:
Refund Section DVLA Swansea SA99 1AL

It Was Scrapped

Vehicles that can no longer be used must be scrapped at an ATF or authorised treatment facility. If you wish to remove and keep some parts before sending the vehicle to an ATF, you must make a SORN first. In case you also wish to keep the registration number, you may request for this here. You’ll need to pay £80 for this. This service is available from 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. Once done with removing the parts you need, you may take the vehicle to an ATF. Go to https://www.gov.uk/find-vehicle-scrapyard to find the nearest ATF in your area. Enter your postcode on the appropriate field and click “Find”. Let DVLA know that you had your vehicle scrapped at an ATF on this site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *