DVLA Online Services for Tax, Driver Licensing and Vehicle Registration

DVLA Online

If you are looking to apply for your first provisional licence or switch from a paper driving licence to a photo card licence, submit an application for your tax disc or know more information the DVLA holds regarding a particular vehicle, you have the option to do it online. DVLA online application is one of the fastest and most convenient ways to have your licence-related concerns taken cared of.

DVLA Services Online

These are the different DVLA websites to use depending on the service you require.

online keyboard
You dont have to contact DVLA by phone, try online!

If you want to purchase a new personalised number from DVLA for your vehicle, you can go to dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk. There, you will find more information about the registration charge as well as how the purchasing process works.

Whether you need to make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) or tax your vehicle, you may go to www.direct.gov.uk/taxdisc.

If you wish to check the records of DVLA for tax rate and vehicle details, you can go to www.direct.gov.uk/vehiclecheck. You will need the vehicle’s make as well as the registration number.

You can visit the site www.direct.gov.uk/provisional if you are looking to apply for a provisional driving licence. There, you will know more details about the rules and requirements you must meet for you to get the licence.

If you have a change of address and you need to update it on your driving licence, then you can go to www.direct.gov.uk/changeofaddress to get it done.

For the replacement of lost, stolen or damaged driving licence, you may go to www.direct.gov.uk/replacelicence. You should also get in touch with the police if yours is stolen.

Should you wish to exchange your paper driving license for a photo card licence, you can get it done on this site: www.direct.gov.uk/exchangelicence. Remember that you should only get a new licence if your current licence has been defaced, if you changed your name or address, or if you are getting a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) driver qualification card (DQC). You do not have to change your licence to a photo card version if none of these apply.

If you are 70 years old or above and you need to renew your driving licence, you can do it at www.direct.gov.uk/renewalat70. You can use this service if your licence has expired, or if it is going to expire within the next 90 days.

www.direct.gov.uk/photorenewal is the site you can use for renewing your photo on your driving licence. This can be done if you have a valid UK passport. You should renew your photo card licence every 10 years. You will receive notification prior to the expiration date of your current licence.

If you need to order or download the DVLA application forms, then you can go to www.direct.gov.uk/motoringforms.

Standard DVLA Charges as of January 2014 for Licence-Related Changes

Some of the DVLA online services are provided for free, while some of them have charges. Listed below are examples of the standard fees for particular changes related to your licence.

When you are applying for a provisional licence, there will be a charge of £34 if it is done online. If it is by post, the charge will be £43.

You will be charged a £14 fee if you are to renew your driving licence online. £17 if it is done by post.

If you are to exchange from paper licence to photo card without any change of details, the charge will be £14 if it is online. If it is done by post, the charge will be £17 instead.

You will not be charged anything if you are to change the name or address on your driving licence.

You can also renew your driving licence for free as long as it is for medical reasons.

If you are 70 or older, it will be free of charge as well when you renew your driving licence.

Beware of Fraudulent Application Processing or Checking Services

Do not be deceived by official looking third party websites that charge you for making changes to your driving licence, which you might have done for free by dealing directly with DVLA. Be aware of sites that appear on top or ads section of a web search, and always keep in mind that legitimate DVLA pages are all on the www.gov.uk site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *