Downloadable Forms

DVLA forms are available for various purposes. These forms can be downloaded online. They can then be filled up and sent either via email or post, depending on where it would be used. There are also forms that can’t be downloaded as they may have features that are not available for printing like the plastic window where photos are attached. If the forms are not available for download, go to

Enter the information required including your name, house number and street, town or city, county and postcode. Tick the box next to the DVLA form that you wish to order and click “submit”. There are currently 77 DVLA forms available for download on the site as of this writing. Here are some of these forms and what they are for.

Reporting Medical Information

There are various DVLA forms that are used for reporting specific medical problems or conditions and some of them are the ones below:

  • DG1 – this form is for reporting drug problems.
  • G1V – use this form if you’re a bus, lorry or coach driver and you’re reporting spinal problems, paraplegia, lumboperitoneal shunt, limb disability, learning difficulties, brachial plexus, arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Alzheimer’s disease, AIDS, Addison’s disease and conditions related to these. If you’re a motorcyclist or car driver, use the G1 form.
  • H1 – this is for motorcyclist and car drivers who would like to report Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, tachycardia, pacemakers, Marfan syndrome, heart palpitations, congenital heart disease, arrhythmia, aneurysm and related conditions.
  • VDIAB1I – bus, lorry or coach drivers with diabetes that’s being treated with insulin may use this form.
  • DR1V – this form is for bus, lorry or coach drivers that need to report alcohol issues and other conditions related to this.
  • C1V – this is for bus, lorry or coach drivers with malignant melanoma, lymphoma, lung cancer, leukaemia, Hodgkins lymphoma, cancer and other related health conditions.

Vehicle Tax or V10 Form

Owners must tax their vehicles to drive them on the public roads of UK. Vehicles that are not taxed and are driven on public roads would be fined. Download and fill up this form to tax your vehicle. Vehicles must be taxed every year.

Request for Information for Another Vehicle or V888 Form

If you wish to get information for another vehicle for a certain reason like you’re planning to buy it, fill up the V888 form and send it to DVLA. Some of the information that you could learn about the vehicle are its current tax rate, CO2 emissions, year of manufacture, engine size, colour, SORN status, date of first registration, MOT expiration and tax expiration. Aside from the form, online service is also available that would give you this information. You’ll need the registration number and make of the vehicle for this.

Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) or V890 Form

If you decide not to use your vehicle on public roads, file for a SORN so you don’t have to tax it or get an auto insurance. Fill up the V890 form and send it to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AR. If you’re not yet the registered keeper, fill up the appropriate part on the V5C and send it together with the V890 form.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *